Gmail Have Enabled HTML5 desktop notifications which display pop-ups whenever a chat message or new email arrives.
To turn them on, click on the Settings link in the top right corner of Gmail and scroll down to the “Desktop Notifications” section.
If you just want to get notified about chat messages, or if you use Priority Inbox and only want to get notifications for important messages, you can customize your settings from there too.
Chat notifications are enabled by default. You can disable them in your Gmail settings. To enable or disable email or Chat notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings link in the upper-right corner of Gmail.
- On the General tab, select the option you’d like in the Desktop Notifications section. You’ll be able to turn Chat notifications on or off, and can also choose to turn email notifications off, receive notifications for all incoming email, or only those Gmail marks ‘important’.
- Click Save.
Note: When enabling this feature, you must allow mail.google.com to show desktop notifications.
Above feature is Only available for Chrome Users , But soon it will be available for Firefox and all other browser.
- Disable Turn Off Switch Off Google Chrome Desktop Notifications
- How to Turf Off Disable Block or Stop Chat in Gmail
- Create Desktop Icon For Gmail Orkut Myspace and Facebook Using Chrome
- Enable Disable Auto Suggestion Feature in Google Chrome
- Disable Or Enable All Gmail Labs Gadgets Widgets Apps or Features